Forum Archive :
How to enter an illegal move
> When entering a match manually, is there any way I can get GNU to let
> me make an illegal move?
Yes, it's possible!
If a player rolls 41 and the player makes an illegal move as the dice
showed 31. That's your question?
- Manually enter the roll which was rolled. 41.
- Do a legal move with 41 (this is just to get the analysis of the roll,
and the best legal move.)
- Click the dice to pick'em up and complete the move.
- Now, before you roll the oponents dice, click the "Edit"-button.
- While holding down the CTRL-button on your keyboard, you can now drag
the chequers to the resulting illegal position which was played over
- Release the "Edit"-button to exit edit mode.
- Make sure the right player is on turn, by clicking on the checker image
for the player on roll, under the game board.
- Continue to enter the rest of the game.
Hope this step by step guide helps you. If not, just ask!
- Analyzing GamesGrid matches (Roy Passfield, Dec 2001)
- Batch analysis tool (Øystein Johansen, June 2004)
- Cache size (Ned Cross+, Mar 2004)
- Compiling for Windows (Øystein Johansen, Jan 2002)
- Edit mode removing checker from bar (Scott Steiner+, May 2003)
- Entering an annotated match (Albert Silver, Dec 2003)
- Error rates: Gnu vs. Snowie (Raccoon, Mar 2006)
- Even-ply/odd-ply effect (Raccoon, Nov 2004)
- Even-ply/odd-ply effect (Tom Keith+, Oct 2003)
- Even-ply/odd-ply effect (Scott Steiner+, Dec 2002)
- Filter settings (Robert-Jan Veldhuizen, Nov 2004)
- Gnu 0.13 versus Jellyfish and Snowie (Torsten Schoop, Aug 2003)
- Gnu 0.13 vs. Snowie 4 (Albert Silver, June 2003)
- Gnu 0.14 vs. Jellyfish (Michael Howard+, July 2003)
- Gnu versus Snowie and Jellyfish (Michael Depreli, Oct 2005)
- How luck factor is calculated (Gregg Cattanach, Aug 2002)
- How rollouts work (Gary Wong, July 1999)
- How to enter an illegal move (Øystein Johansen, Aug 2003)
- Importing .gam files (PAR+, Mar 2005)
- Importing PartyGammon matches (rew+, July 2006)
- Improving your game using GnuBG (D.U.G.+, Nov 2002)
- Installing on Windows (maareyes, Oct 2001)
- Interpreting JSD's (Adrian Wright+, Feb 2005)
- JSD's and confidence intervals (Daniel Murphy+, Jan 2005)
- Logging rollouts (Øystein Johansen, Oct 2004)
- Luck rate (Kees van den Doel+, May 2002)
- MWC versus Equity (EMG) (Ken+, Apr 2005)
- Manually entering first roll (Andreas Graf+, Apr 2005)
- Match equity tables (Raccoon, July 2005)
- Personal reflections (Louis Nardy Pillards, Sept 2002)
- Playing two computers against each other (Stanley E. Richards+, Mar 2008)
- Python scripting (Øystein Johansen+, Nov 2004)
- Quasi-random dice in rollouts (Ian Shaw, Mar 2004)
- Question marks in game list (Jim Segrave, July 2005)
- Questions and answers (Jim Segrave+, Jan 2003)
- Questions and answers (Jørn Thyssen, Aug 2002)
- Restarting a rollout with different settings (Jim Segrave, Apr 2005)
- Restarting a rollout with different settings (Robert-Jan Veldhuizen, Apr 2004)
- Rollout settings (geoff arnold+, Apr 2007)
- Rollout settings (Stick+, Nov 2005)
- Rollout settings (Robert-Jan Veldhuizen, Mar 2004)
- Rollout settings (Ian Dunstan, Aug 2003)
- Rollout settings for the impatient (Robert-Jan Veldhuizen, June 2004)
- Running rollouts in background (Bruce+, Apr 2004)
- Saving rollout results from command-line interface (Jeremy Bagai+, Apr 2006)
- Saving rollouts (Mislav Radica+, May 2006)
- Setting GnuBG's playing strength (JP White, Sept 2001)
- Setting skill level (Jim Segrave, Apr 2004)
- Setting up and saving a rollout (Albert Silver, Dec 2003)
- What's GNU? (Gary Wong, Oct 2001)
- Which player is player 0? (Neil Kazaross+, Oct 2004)