Forum Archive :
Fun and frustration
By Phil Simborg
Watching the dice come up cocked/Very much like my first marriage.
Your disgustingly slow play will not disturb my inner tranquility/I recite
this mantra as I plan his dismemberment.
Alone in the box/Watching the faces of my former friends.
Whether to make his 5 point or mine/Wishing I could flip a coin so no one
Please tell me how lucky I am one more time/Let me show you what hot
coffee feels like.
I gently offer you the cube with the utmost respect/Hoping you will choke
on it and die.
Tell me again how the dice on line are fair/Tell me again where Santa
The joy of making the prime/A feeling not unlike a successful visit to the
Watching him gammon me with that smirk on his face/Wishing I had a gun.
How hard can it be to keep the dice on the table?/Wondering how this man
can drive a car.
Fun and frustration
- A game brings you money (Michael J. Zehr, Feb 1996)
- A story from my youth (neilkaz, Aug 2008)
- Backgammon at 50 (Mary Hickey, July 2005)
- Backgammon by mail (MelRae, Aug 1997)
- Backgammon haikus (Phil Simborg, July 2004)
- Backgammon hustler (Socks, Apr 2004)
- Backgammon laws (Walt Swan, Dec 1999)
- Beginner's luck (Paul Tanenbaum, May 1999)
- Characters we all know (Alan Webb, Feb 1999)
- Choking under pressure (Kevin Bastian, Dec 1997)
- Danish Championship semifinal match (Daniel Murphy+, Nov 2004)
- Don't come looking for sympathy ... (Ian Shaw, Nov 2004)
- "Good roll!" (jfk+, Jan 1998)
- Hard luck story contest (Einar Tryggvason, Apr 1996)
- "I resign" (neilkaz, June 2011)
- Lonely checker's lament (Luvrhino+, Aug 2001)
- Losing streaks (Stanley E. Richards+, June 2006)
- Losing streaks (Leo Bueno+, Nov 1999)
- Losing streaks (Jim Peplow, July 1998)
- New Year's resolutions (Alan Webb, Jan 2000)
- One-liners (scuba, Jan 2007)
- Simborg's laws of backgammon (NYCGuy, June 1997)
- Some learning humor (Daniel Murphy, Aug 2011)
- Ten commandments of backgammon (Morten Wang, Nov 1997)
- The square thing (David B. Sandler, June 1996)
- Translation fun (James Eibisch, Feb 1998)
- What are the chances? (Pete+, Mar 2003)
- Wishing good luck (Michel Tarragnat, Apr 2005)