Forum Archive :
Fun and frustration
A few of my New Year Resolutions ;-)
1. To cut down on Backgammon related shananigans from 24 hours per day to 20.
2. Only to dance in a nightclub.
3. Never to roll 5-2 again (unless it hits or makes a point).
4. To remain in the POGL Div 1 division for at least 1 session.
5. Never to read "Jellyfish/XYZ server/Snowie cheats" posts again.
6. To pursuade my wife that $350 for a backgammon software is a bargain.
7. Never to get drunk during my Wednesday night Chouette again.
8. Not to curse the house out when my opponent throws the good ole 6-1 prime
jumping, blot hitting, match winning joker.
9. To attract some crap players to my weekly chouette ;-)
10. To learn every page of Magriels "Backgammon" off by heart.
Webby's Backgammon Site
Fun and frustration
- A game brings you money (Michael J. Zehr, Feb 1996)
- A story from my youth (neilkaz, Aug 2008)
- Backgammon at 50 (Mary Hickey, July 2005)
- Backgammon by mail (MelRae, Aug 1997)
- Backgammon haikus (Phil Simborg, July 2004)
- Backgammon hustler (Socks, Apr 2004)
- Backgammon laws (Walt Swan, Dec 1999)
- Beginner's luck (Paul Tanenbaum, May 1999)
- Characters we all know (Alan Webb, Feb 1999)
- Choking under pressure (Kevin Bastian, Dec 1997)
- Danish Championship semifinal match (Daniel Murphy+, Nov 2004)
- Don't come looking for sympathy ... (Ian Shaw, Nov 2004)
- "Good roll!" (jfk+, Jan 1998)
- Hard luck story contest (Einar Tryggvason, Apr 1996)
- "I resign" (neilkaz, June 2011)
- Lonely checker's lament (Luvrhino+, Aug 2001)
- Losing streaks (Stanley E. Richards+, June 2006)
- Losing streaks (Leo Bueno+, Nov 1999)
- Losing streaks (Jim Peplow, July 1998)
- New Year's resolutions (Alan Webb, Jan 2000)
- One-liners (scuba, Jan 2007)
- Simborg's laws of backgammon (NYCGuy, June 1997)
- Some learning humor (Daniel Murphy, Aug 2011)
- Ten commandments of backgammon (Morten Wang, Nov 1997)
- The square thing (David B. Sandler, June 1996)
- Translation fun (James Eibisch, Feb 1998)
- What are the chances? (Pete+, Mar 2003)
- Wishing good luck (Michel Tarragnat, Apr 2005)