The Snowie 4.3 update is now available as a free download at
Here's a checklist of the changes made in this release: This may not be
exhaustive, but these were the items I saw implemented as I did the beta
Enhancements added to 4.3
- Match score dialog box: Match Length is now the first focus item after
you click match play. Then the focus goes to the bottom player, then
top player, then to OK. This creates the quickest method for entering
the match score without having to use the mouse or touchpad.
- Missed doubles shown in MatchQiz browsing mode: Snowie now shows all
missed doubles when browsing a match in MatchQiz mode.
- Enter and Escape keys active in dialog boxes: Snowie now allows the
use of keyboard shortcuts (Enter, Escape, Tab, Space) in a variety of
- Flagging and logging errors with no contact: Snowie now marks and
accumulates errors in the statistics in non-contact positions. Errors
in this part of the game certainly should still 'count'.
- Import dice from text file: Now able to specify a file location and
filename of a set of dice throws generated by the user from an outside
source, (random.org, etc.)
- Cube 'Hot' position selection: A user selectable value is available to
determine which positions are marked as cube 'hot' positions. These
will be marked if the difference between no-double and double is less
than the entered value. This is useful while browsing through matches
with MatchQiz mode and exporting close cube decision data in the
- Size of open file dialog box: Snowie now remembers the size and
location of the 'Open a Snowie File' dialog box even after you close
and reopen Snowie.
Bugs in 4.1 fixed in 4.3
- Crash on launching position rollouts: Fatal errors when running
batches of rollout positions has been fixed.
- Errors when applying 3-ply to dice panel. Snowie 4.1 could get an
invalid floating point function error when applying 3-ply to many dice
rolls in the dice panel.
- Note entry bugs, export cube notes: Snowie 4.1 would add a 's' or 'o'
to the notes panel when using ctrl-s or ctrl-o keyboard shortcuts.
Also, Snowie 4.3 diplays the cube action notes regardless of whether
the position is 'hot' and even when not at a cube turn.
- Not retaining checker positions when entering position over match: If
you have a match open and then create a new position (2 windows now
active), even though you set up a position, when you try to analyze it
the checker all jump back to the starting position or 15 checkers in
- Set range option in Account manager may freeze up: When selecting the
range for the account manager, the new pop-up box may appear 'behind'
the main panel, thus making it unable to continue. Fixed in 4.3,
(also, Enter key would make OK work).
- First roll, Human vs. Human, manual dice: When you start a match with
human vs. human and manual dice, it prompted twice for who is on roll,
creating a null entry for the first move. This has been corrected.