The Ten Commandments|
... of Backgammon
- Thou shalt have no other games before me.
- Thou shalt not make unto thee an image of me being a simple, accidental or tiresome game. For I let punishment for thy sins come unto thee in thy third or fourth tournament of them that hate me, and shewing mercy in thousands of tournaments of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
- Thou shalt not misuse thy cube, for the dice will not hold him guiltless who doubleth early.
- Remember the tournament day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou read thy theory, and play for money, but the seventh day is the tournament day. Then shalt thou play not for money, but for honour and rating.
- Honour thy club and thy federation, that thy days of playing upon the land be many.
- Thou shalt not roll 5-2.
- Thou shalt not break thy prime.
- Thou shalt not steal pips.
- Thou shalt not play with false dice.
- Thou shalt not covet thy opponent's board. Thou shalt not covet thy opponent's prime, nor his advanced anchor, nor his rolls of the dice, nor any thing that is thy opponent's.
Based on De 10 Bud i Backgammon © Norpunkt, used with permission.
Translated to English by Morten Wang.
Many thanks to Peter Fallows for a few corrections, making the final version as good as it could be.
I'm very happy about how it ended up. Thanks also to whomever created the Norwegian version,
and the person who translated the KJV Bible I have. Without those this would never be possible.
: Backgammon Galore